Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter weekend...

I am going to be honest...sometimes I question God's way of testing people. Just yesterday Zada and I boarded the Light Rail for Phoenix for an afternoon of fun that included Disney On Ice! She loved it! I loved it! It was worth the $50 spent on JUNK! It was worth the $2.50 round trip ticket for the rail! It was worth the $60 for tickets! Her face was just a huge smile from the time we boarded the rail and the driver let her blow the horn. Here are a few pics... or maybe not. It seems as if the Sprint Wireless card doesn't have enough signal to load pics. :( I will post them once I am back home.

And now...I sit in the hospital with Zoe on Easter Day waiting on her pending surgery tomorrow. We came in for a high fever (104) and were admitted. They feel it is in her best interest to have tubes in her ears, removal of both her tonsils and adnoids, and going to top it off with clipping her tounge. She has been tounge tied since birth and they feel that is part of the reason she doesn't want to eat because...well it is hard for her. But despite spending the holiday in "The Clink" as we call it :) It has been a pretty good holiday. The Easter Bunny came in this morning and brought her a basket full of goodies. Child Life (a volunteer group) brought her in a Cow Beanie Baby and a new blanket. Her doctors are all great and answer all of our questions...like always :). We are not sure on the time of her surgery tomorrow quite yet but when we know I will update this post. I know it is just a small surgery but with everything she has already been thru in her short 4 1/2 years...I hate thinking about putting her under again...but it must be done to make her better.

It is 5:45 our time, her tests are all ran, she is sleeping very sound, Tom is laying on the "couch" watching cartoons and I am awaiting the arrival of our Easter Dinner. Zada is with Jaye and Lisa which of course means she is being spoiled ROTTEN!! With Mackenzie there it seems to be a good distraction and hopefully she won't notice we are gone until we get back home! HA! She was very excited that the Easter Bunny came to our house and to TT Wee's! She must have been extra good this year to get 2 baskets!

I will update more later...

No comments: